Lowongan Kerja di IOM NAD
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
IOM is looking for 1 (one) Senior Administrative Assistant to the Head of Office Banda
Aceh according to the terms of reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by
submitting their application to email@example.com not later than 18 November 2008
indicating the reference code below and job title. All candidates are requested to specify their
availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be
Reference Code : SVN/IDI/2008/130
Position Title : Senior Administrative Assistant to the Head of Office
Duty Station : Banda Aceh, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam,
Classification : Employee, Grade 6 Step 1
Duration of Contract : 3 months with possible extension
Estimated Starting Date : As soon as possible
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Offices (HoO) Aceh/Nias, the successful
candidate will provide high level administrative and strategic support and assistance to the
office of the HoO and will be responsible for ensuring the facilitation of smooth cooperation
with relevant Government of Indonesia authorities in Banda Aceh/Nias. In particular, he/she
will : :
1. Provide support to the HoO for the overall management and administration of the
Mission in Banda Aceh/Nias, including preparing high quality briefing materials
and taking in charge of IOM’s protocol matters.
2. Support the HoO in monitoring Aceh programs/projects and operations, as well
as assist in undertaking initiatives toward the promotion of IOM image and
activities in the region.
3. Provide simultaneous translation/interpretation from Indonesian into English and
vice-versa to the HoO at all designated formal and informal meetings. In the
course of carrying out these tasks, he/she will ensure that information exchanged
in the course of interpretation and translations during these meetings are
complete and accurate.
4. Translate documents, articles and data collected which are relevant to the work of
the Aceh operations and to IOM in general. Ensure the security and
confidentiality of information and documents dealt with.
5. Draft routine correspondence in connection with the projects and activities in
Banda Aceh office.
6. Assist in the planning, coordination and arrangement of events such as
seminars/conferences, meetings, presentations, including travel and hotel
arrangements, and trip itineraries, when and where required.
7. Responsible for IOM Banda Aceh’s archives and filing of relevant documents
such as official correspondence, original contracts and documents; coming in and
out of the HoO’s office.
8. Facilitate contacts between the HoO and other staff based in Aceh or staff visiting
the field offices and/or other parties as deemed necessary by the HoO.
9. Accompany the HoO on visits to field based projects and provide interpretation
and translation and general coordination support as is deemed necce3ssary to
ensure the best use of time.
10. Conduct quarterly support visits to all Aceh based sub-offices in support of
administration and national staff Human Resource issues with the authority of the
HoO to represent and report as deemed supportive to field based operations.
11. Prepare and compile briefing/advocacy materials for donors, partners and
12. Participate in official meetings and undertake travel as required.
13. Support the HoO in the preparation of reports and other regular narratives as
14. Assist in developing and maintaining liaison with Indonesian governmental
authorities and other governmental authorities in Banda Aceh/Nias that might be
relevant to IOM’s goals, with the aim of coordinating and facilitating the
implementation of ongoing activities and promoting IOM Banda Aceh new
15. Receive, screen and register calls and mails for the office and forward it to the
16. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Diploma in Secretarial Administration, or alternatively a combination of relevant training and
experience at this level of management support.. Five years of experience in a senior role in
administration and secretarial work. You will be comfortable with verbal interpretations from
and to English to the highest level. You will have had experience dealing with senior
Proven ability to interact effectively with government officials and local authorities. Excellent
drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written. Demonstrated ability to work in
multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people
of different nationalities and cultural background. High sense of responsibility and loyalty,
strong organizational skills and the patience to deal with the many day to day challenges of a
large operational office.
Experience in areas related to the work of humanitarian matters and previous work
experience with IOM in Indonesia or other countries will be seen as a distinct advantage.
Mission in Jakarta – Indonesia
Executive Building 12A Floor Suite 12A -03, Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 9,
Jakarta, 10350 Indonesia